PIANO INTENSIVE PROGRAM
June 3-21, 2019
Masterclass & Seminar Faculty:
The SIENA PIANO INTENSIVE PROGRAM at Chigiana is an intensive summer course open to 5 piano graduate students (or exceptional undergraduates), with an emphasis on solo repertoire.
THE PIANO INTENSIVE PROGRAM is runs for a total of 3-weeks from June 3-21 and includes:
– Lessons: 2 individual lessons per week for a total of 6 lessons
– Masterclasses: 3 (once a week with Boris Berman, Roberto Prosseda, Carol Leone) of 3 hours, each open to the public/audience.
– Public performance with professional recording (audio and video)
– Seminar on piano improvisation with Antonio Artese
– Optional performance (audition based)
The C-GAP (Chigiana Global Academy Program) is a distinctive performing arts program for solo instrument, voice, and chamber music which adds composition this year. It seeks to prepare the young musician to take on a transformative, challenging role as an artist in the 21st century.
Participants in this program will have access to all faculty and student concerts, chamber music coaching sessions, and master classes led by international faculty and guest artists offered at the Siena International Music Program.
The program fees are USD 3,500.00
FEES INCLUDE: Instruction, housing in a double occupancy room in private apartment, student services assistance, program orientation, access to performances, welcome dinner, farewell reception, cultural activities (as per the Siena International Music Program 2019), video and professional audio recording of the final concert. Participants will have access to all faculty and student concerts, chamber music coaching sessions, and master classes led by international faculty and guest artists offered at the Siena International Music Program.
FEES DO NOT INCLUDE: transportation from and to the US, regular meals, personal expenses.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 1st, 2019
Applications must include (1) audition video, (2) a list of your proposed solo repertoire for the course (both completed and in-progress), (3) a bio of approximately 150 words, (4) teacher recommendation
The Program is open to all graduate-level students (and exceptional undergraduates upon recommendation) from any university. The online application is available here.
– The course will be open a maximum of five students.
– Required Repertoire: (1) at least 30 minutes of completed solo repertoire suitable for lessons, masterclasses and performances, (2) at least 30 minutes of new solo repertoire suitable for lessons.
– Audition: Video recording of approximately 20 minutes of piano solo repertoire that includes both lyrical and virtuosic styles and at least two time periods.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2019 (Rolling Admission)
JUNE 3 – JUNE 21, 2019
SATURDAY, JUNE 1st by 7:00 PM
SUNDAY, JUNE 2nd 10 AM – 12 PM
SUNDAY, JUNE 2nd 8:00 PM
FRIDAY JUNE 21, 2019 – FINAL CONCERT
STUDENTS VACATE APARTMENTS:
SATURDAY, JUNE 22nd by 12 PM